Mr. Rudolphi is a Shareholder with the Firm practicing in energy law and economic regulation, communications law, corporate and non-profit law, administrative law and litigation. Mr. Rudolphi works with cooperative, municipal, non-profit and commercial clients on energy and telecommunications regulatory, project development and corporate issues.
Mr. Rudolphi has experience in electric, natural gas and oil regulatory matters before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, state commissions and the federal courts. He regularly advises and represents clients in litigation on matters relating to wholesale power and transmission, including rates, terms and conditions of service and the various requirements of state and federal regulations and laws. Mr. Rudolphi has worked extensively on analyzing the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s implementation of the Energy Policy Act of 2005, including drafting comments, protests, requests for rehearing, complaints and appeals in multiple proceedings on behalf of the Firm’s clients. Mr. Rudolphi also has significant experience in negotiating and drafting various transactional documents associated with the development and operation of energy projects, including power purchase agreements, distribution and transmission interconnection agreements, coordinated operation agreements, credit agreements, financing agreements, and other contracts.
Mr. Rudolphi's practice within the area of communications law includes advising and representing clients on matters before the Federal Communications Commission, advising clients on relevant legislative matters, and guiding clients through the development of large and small scale communications projects.
Mr. Rudolphi also advises non-profit organizations in energy, energy efficiency, communications and related sectors. He has extensive experience in drafting initial incorporation documents including articles of incorporation and bylaws as well as conflict of interest, whistleblower, and document retention policies. He regularly provides training and advice on conflict of interest matters and other corporate management and contractual matters. Mr. Rudolphi has assisted multiple clients with the establishment and management of political action committees ("PACs"). He also assists clients registered as federal lobbyists with reporting requirements under the Honest Leadership and Open Government Act.
- Rutgers University School of Law-Camden, J.D., 2007
- University of Illinois at Chicago, B.A. (Political Science), 2004
- Illinios State Bar
- Virginia State Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States Court of Appeals of the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Washington, D.C. "Super Lawyers" Rising Star - Energy and Natural Resources, 2014, 2015, 2016
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- President (2018-2019)
- Board Member (2013-2020)
- Program Committee Chair (2012-2013), Vice Chair (2011-2012)
- Young Lawyers Committee Chair (2010-2011)
- Charitable Foundation of the Energy Bar Association
- Foundation of the Energy Law Journal
- Electric Cooperative Bar Association
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- Gaylaw, LGBT Lawyers of Washington, D.C.
- Regulatory Overview – Federal Communications Commission, TVPPA Fiber University, February 2019
- Electric Co-ops and Broadband – Regulatory Compliance and Business Law Considerations, NRECA ECBA Webinar, October 2018
- Addressing the Digital Divide: How are Electric Cooperatives Pursuing Rural Broadband Projects?, NRECA G&T Legal Seminar, November 2017
- Electrifying the Transportation Sector: Challenges, Strategies and Opportunities, APPA Legal and Regulatory Conference, October 2017
- Updates on Energy and Environmental Law, National LGBT Bar Association 29th Annual Lavender Law Conference, August 2017
- Grid Modernization Debate, Energy Bar Association, Mid-Year Energy Forum, October 2016
- FERC Electricity 101, EUCI, September 2016
- Physical and Cyber Security Webinar: Preparation for Overlapping Initiatives, DWGP, December 2014