Matthew started as a Summer Associate with the Firm in 2015 and continued at the Firm as a Law Clerk in Fall 2015 and Spring 2016. He became an Associate Attorney at the Firm in 2016. As a Summer Associate and as a Law Clerk, Matthew aided the Firm’s Attorneys in areas related to energy, environmental, administrative, and corporate law, as well as project financing and development. Since becoming an Associate Attorney, Matthew has continued his work in these areas and has also gained experience with Regional Transmission Organization/Independent System Operator issues, administrative and appellate litigation strategy, and greenhouse gas compliance obligations. Matthew also has experience with interpreting and applying the reliability regulations promulgated by the North American Reliability Corporation (“NERC”), the Western Energy Coordinating Council, the North American Energy Standards Board, and other standard-setting organizations.
Prior to joining the Firm as an Associate Attorney, Matthew worked as a Law Clerk for NERC, where he drafted agreements between NERC and third parties, prepared analyses for NERC counsel on FERC actions, and performed research regarding gaps in NERC’s reliability regulations. While attending The George Washington University Law School, Matthew was a member of the Journal of Energy and Environmental Law, the Mock Trial Board, and the Moot Court Board. Matthew was also both a Writing Fellow and a Dean’s Fellow for the law school’s Research and Writing Program. In the Fall of 2016, Matthew was a quarter-finalist in the Van Vleck Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition. In the Spring of 2016, Matthew won the Dentons Gilbert A Cuneo Government Contracts Moot Court Competition.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 2016
- Walsh University, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2013
- Member of The George Washington Law School Journal of Energy and Environmental Law
- Winner of the Dentons 2016 Gilbert A. Cuneo Government Contracts Moot Court Competition
- Quarter-Finalist in the 2016 Van Vleck Constitutional Law Moot Court Competition
- Dean’s Fellow for The George Washington University Law School’s Research and Writing Program
- Writing Fellow for The George Washington University Law School’s Research and Writing Program
- Mock Trial Board Member for The George Washington University Law School
- Moot Court Board Member for The George Washington University Law School
- Walsh University Honors Program, Presidential Scholar
- Walsh University Men’s Soccer, Team Captain