Adriana started as a Summer Associate with the Firm in 2016 and continued at the Firm as a Law Clerk in Spring 2017. She became an Associate Attorney at the Firm in 2017. As a Summer Associate and as a Law Clerk, Adriana aided the Firm’s Attorneys in areas related to energy, environmental, administrative, non-profit, communications, and corporate law, as well as litigation. Since becoming an Associate Attorney, Adriana has continued her work in these areas and has also gained experience with interpreting and applying the reliability regulations promulgated by the North American Reliability Corporation (“NERC”), the Western Energy Coordinating Council, and other standard-setting organizations.
Prior to joining the Firm as an Associate Attorney, Adriana served as a Law Clerk at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, where her work included the states’ role in implementing the Clean Water Act.
Adriana formerly served as a Law Clerk for the U.S. Department of Justice, Environmental and Natural Resources Division, where she drafted memorandum and initiated discovery proceedings for cases regarding the Clean Water Act.
Adriana was a Summer Associate at Ferraiuoli, LLC in Puerto Rico. During her time at Ferrauoli she worked on a variety of legal research and drafting assignments, including revising option to lease agreements for the development of solar renewable energy projects in Puerto Rico.
While attending The George Washington University Law School, Adriana was Senior Articles Editor of the Journal of Energy and Environmental Law and Vice-President of the Latino Law Students Association.
Adriana is fluent in Spanish.
- The George Washington University Law School, J.D. 2017
- University of Puerto Rico, B.A., Magna Cum Laude, 2011
- Senior Articles Editor of The George Washington Law School Journal of Energy and Environmental Law
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- Adriana Vélez-León, Turning Offshore Wind Power On in Puerto Rico, 8 Willamette Envtl. L. J. 1 (2018).
- Adriana Vélez-León, Rain on Demand: Regulating Weather Modification Throughout the United States, 8 GEO. WASH. J. ENERGY ENVTL. L. 148 (2017).